We are looking for experienced and qualified freelance Microsoft Project trainers to join our expanding team. Tutors are required to cover all regions of the UK, including England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales. We especially need MS Project trainers, but if you can deliver any of the following Microsoft Office applications in any of these regions we would like to talk to you:
For more information about freelance Microsoft trainer opportunities across the UK, please email email@example.com
Microsoft Project training courses at your offices in Birmingham from just £55 per delegate
We are delivering MS Project training courses for the following group rates:
- 1 – 3 learners: £450
- 4 – 6 learners: £550
- 7 – 10 learners: £550
- 10+ learners: £25 per extra delegate
These are group rates not per person and include training manuals and course certificates. With the average cost of a public MS Project course being around £250 per person, onsite training works out much cheaper and you get a bespoke service. We can tailor any course to suit your specific needs at no extra cost.
For more information about running a Microsoft Project training course at your offices in Birmingham, please call 0800 2922842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Through our training partner QA we can offer public Microsoft Project courses at training centres across the UK. Retail price for this 1 day course is £265 + VAT, our discounted price is now only £245 + VAT. Please use our Contact page for more details or to book a course. For a list of training centres please visit the Public Training Courses page.
Microsoft Project Level 1 Course Overview
You need to gather information about the various tasks involved, resources required to accomplish the tasks, and the overall cost in order to plan a project. Microsoft Office Project Professional 2010 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage these project plans
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, either Windows XP, Vista or 7.
Delegates will learn how to
- Identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships
- Manage resources for a project
- Finalise a project plan
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic 1A: Explore the Microsoft Project 2010 Environment
- Topic 1B: Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
- Topic 2A: Create a New Project Plan
- Topic 2B: Assign a Project Calendar
- Topic 2C: Add Tasks to the Project Plan
- Topic 2D: Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Topic 2E: Add Resources in the Project Plan
Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Topic 3A: Outline Tasks
- Topic 3B: Link Dependent Tasks
- Topic 3C: Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Topic 3D: Add Notes to a Task
- Topic 3E: Add a Recurring Task
Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Topic 4A: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic 4B: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic 4C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic 4D: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic 5A: Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Topic 5B: Set a Baseline
- Topic 5C: Print a Project Summary Report
MS Project Training in Sheffield from just £55 per delegate
Microsoft Project has been with us now since the 1990’s and has undergone a number of changes in that time. The latest version, MS Project 2010 is arguably the best incarnation yet with it’s Ribbon menu system and a number of useful new features.
However, the Ribbon has certainly not been without it’s critics and not just in respect of Project, but across the whole of the Microsoft Office suite. Much of the criticism stems from unfamiliarity and when users get used to the new layout, many report that the experience is an improvement on the old menu system. This is where training can help. Just 1 day onsite at your own offices is sufficient to become proficient in MS Project, including all the new features. We deliver Microsoft Project training at Foundation & Advanced levels and can provide you with a quick tick-box Training Needs Analysis form to assist you in choosing the correct level for your needs.
Onsite MS Project training courses can cost as little as £55 per person depending upon group size. This is a huge cost saving when compared to the average public course which would normally be in the region of £250 per delegate. For more information or to book a course please use our contact page.
Microsoft Project Training Courses in Manchester from £55 per person
As demand for MS Project training remains high we are delivering onsite courses at offices all over Manchester. An onsite courses can be much cheaper than sending employees onto public training courses. If you have 2 or more people who can benefit from training you will save money by arranging a bespoke course at your own offices.
For more information about Microsoft Project training courses in Manchester, please use our contact page for a quick response.
There are a number of traps that new MS Project users often fall into, with the result that the effectiveness of the software is severely restricted. One issue that frequently causes problems is the entering of data into the Task Sheet. At first glance it would appear that we need to enter start and finish dates for each task. However, this is exactly the wrong tactic as doing so causes constraints to be applied to the plan. Of course tasks need start & finish dates, but these are arrived at in Microsoft Project by determining task dependencies and then linking them appropriately.
There are 4 dependancy types:
- Finish to Start
- Start to Start
- Finish to Finish
- Start to Finish
Combining these dependencies allow project managers to link tasks together and produce an accurate, flexible plan of the project. Understanding task linkage is one of the key skills required in becoming a proficient MS Project user. If you would like more information about the training options available please use our contact page
Onsite training is an increasingly popular option for Companies who have a number of employees requiring a skills update. Onsite training prices start at just £450 for a group of 3 learners. Compare this to the average cost of a public event which is in the region of £250 per person and it is easy to see why.
We deliver Microsoft Project training onsite at Foundation & Advanced levels. Here’s a brief overview of the course content:
Microsoft Project Foundation 1 Day Course
The Course Includes:
- Introduction to the main MS Project Views
- How MS Project creates the Gantt Chart
- Creating & defining a new project
- Defining project working times
- Creating custom calendars
- Entering and outlining project tasks
- Understanding task linkage types
- How to link tasks correctly
- Setting milestones & deadlines
- Setting lag and lead time
- Entering & assigning resources
- How to resolve overallocated resources
- Setting the baseline & interim plans
- Tracking and updating the project
Microsoft Project Advanced 1 Day Course
The Course Includes:
- Understanding the critical path in MS Project
- Correctly applying task constraints
- Creating individual task calendars
- Working with multiple pay rates
- Applying custom calendars& work times
- Entering material resource consumption rates
- Interrupting work & rescheduling tasks
- Setting up recurring tasks
- Working with resource availability
- Leveling overallocated resources
- Grouping data by custom selection
- Applying & working with a budget in MS Project
- Creating detailed visual reports in Excel
For more details about running an MS Project onsite training course at your own offices, please use our contact page.
From £55 per person – Microsoft Project training courses in Nottingham
MS Project remains the tool of choice for many project managers, but are you getting the most out of the software? Microsoft Project is notoriously difficult to teach one’s self, due in part to the somewhat counter-intuitive task sheet. Many PMs are still entering start & finish dates because there are Start & Finish columns. However this is exactly the wrong thing to do as the action causes a constraint to be applied, seriously limiting MS Project’s ability to reschudel should the need arise.
If you feel there may be gaps in your, or your employees Microsoft Project knowledge base, contact us for more details on how we can deliver a training course at your own offices, or arrange a suitably convenient public program.
From £55 per person – MS Project training delivered onsite at your own offices in Essex
Due to the appointment of further trainers we are now delivering MS Project courses throughout Essex on a regular basis. Our Foundation course will take you from the basics to a completed project schedule in just 1 day. You will learn how to use MS Project the way Microsoft intended and unleash the full potential of the software. For more information please use our contact page.
Microsoft Project training onsite at your own offices in Cambridgeshire from just £55 per person
Microsoft Project is widely accepted as the industry standard application for professional project managers, but finding cost-effective training is still not particularly easy. Average prices for public classroom based training start at around £250 + VAT per delegate. When you add in the cost of travelling and possible overnight accommodation, this can prove to be an expensive option. In comparison, a bespoke training course delivered at your own offices can work our much cheaper if you have 2 or more staff who can benefit. Take a look at our Onsite Training Courses page to compare costs and benefits.